View Single Post

Old 02-10-2014, 10:12 PM

Liked 122 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phnx View Post
You are correct in that a lot of folks have asked about having the modification done.

And I did the search.

And I read a lot of the threads. And the main theme of these threads always seems to deal with people who are trying to decide whether to have it done or leaving well enough alone.

BUT I don't think any of the threads mention how having the modification done or not done affects the value. THAT question is not asked monthly, my friend. Or if it is, I sure can't find it! Maybe I need a better selection of keywords or something.

And if there is a mention in one of these many threads on how the modification might affect a revolver's value, I must have missed it. I'd be here all night and into tomorrow morning if I read every reply in every thread that touches on this matter.

I thought it would be a simpler matter to just ask straight out since I have tried and failed to find an answer using the search engine.

I figure, as long as it doesn't affect the value, I might as well send it in. S&W still pays for the shipping both ways on it.

But if sending it in somehow DECREASES the value, I'll just put it in the safe and let it increase in value for 5-10 years.

(I really did do a search and found nothing that addresses this specific question).

Collectors, please provide your opinions. If there is disagreement among collectors on this matter, I will just go with the consensus.

I will never understand why some guys on forums get angry, upset, offended or just plain pissy when someone asks a question for which they can find no answer through the usual channels.

I always thought forums like this were designed for the exchange of information among people who have a mutual interest. A couple of the terse replies I have received thus far ... . Oh hell. Never mind.

Thank you.
This forum is just full of snippy people who would rather complain about your post than just answer the question. I have never seen a forum where people are treated as rudely as on here. They tell you to use the search function, and spend more time complaining that you didn't than it would have taken to just answer the question. I'm sorry you have had this experience on here, but believe me you aren't the first.