Thread: Lee shell plate
View Single Post

Old 02-15-2014, 05:20 PM

Liked 1,095 Times in 266 Posts
Default Lee shell plate

I have been using a lee load master for reloading for awhile now. No complaint as of yet I have loaded a few thousand 9mm and 38 and a few hundred 44 mag and 45 colt. I recently purchased a shell plate from Natchez for 45 acp, #2L. I have had the shell plate for about a month and just got around to loading 45 ACP. It came from Natchez new in the box.

Today I put the shellholder on the turret and tested it for function. While doing this the primer seating plunger became stuck between the hole in the shell plate. As a result I had to punch the cylinder out of the bottom of the shell plate to remove the shell plate from the turret. I then took an empty 45 ACP case and tried to place it it in the shell plate. No luck it would not fit. I tried a 9mm Luger case and it fit perfectly.

I submitted a ticket to Lee and I am currently waiting for a response.Has anyone else had a part stamped incorrectly from Lee or am I missing something? Makes me wonder about quality control. I'm now worried that I will have to replace the primer plunger for fear that the force of driving it out of the shell holder put a dent in it that could ignite a primer upon seating