View Single Post

Old 02-20-2014, 04:00 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Grasso View Post
Fellow LEOs...

Please think twice about the information you are discussing on a Public Forum.
Remember the paperwork you signed when you went through the FAA class.
Although we are friendly on this forum we have no idea where the information ends up.
I agree, since 9/11 the world as we know it has changed. I've been retired for about 8 years, but was working when 9/11 occured. I was with a state LE agency, and quickly called our director in the state capitol city. He said get my bag ready, with 3 days worth of BDU's and wait. Nothing else happened to cause us to report in, but when I asked him later what were we to do after 3 days, he said clothing was not a problem. Being a state employee, the Governor was at top of chain of command. The governor also being commander in chief of the state National Guard, clothing was not a problem.
I flew about 6 years after 9/11, and although I was flying unarmed, I observed a couple of "persons of interest" while boarding. The Captain came through and I asked for a minute of his time. I explained that I was a LEO ( even displayed some cerdentials to him) and that I was unarmed, but if anything came up during the flight, that he could depend on me for what ever. He thanked me and took note of my seat number from my ticket. It was an uneventful flight, thankfully.
Just my two cents worth...

Last edited by Marshal Sam Holland; 02-20-2014 at 04:01 PM. Reason: left out something
The Following User Likes This Post: