View Single Post

Old 02-21-2014, 10:01 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'll over another favorable view of the AG holsters.

I ordered my first one b/c the wait for the Crossbreed was 12+ weeks. That, plus the cost (less than half) made me take the chance. I ordered one for my Ruger LC9 (with CTC). It's an unusual gun so finding holsters can be tricky. Took about two weeks to get the holster. It definitely seems to be designed to position the pistol at the 4:00/4:30 position. As one poster said, it works best placed over the back pocket. I found the adjustable tension to be nice. Holster came with a bag of extra spacers and screws. Nice touch. I ordered mine with the leather loops. I'm not a fan of metal clips. The adjustable cant and depth was also nice. The holster was nice enough, that my wife asked when I was getting a new one since she was taking that one.
I did finally get my Crossbreed. I'd actually forgotten about ordering it. I found the leather to be thicker and didn't break in as nice. The metal clips seemed to have very sharp edges and tore up one of my leather gun belts pretty quick. I switched back to my second AG holster.
One nice thing about the AG is that you can swap/return or order additional shells without replacing the entire holster. I've returned a shell for a Ruger SR9c (with CTC) and they sent me the shell for a S&W Shield. The first one they sent me wasn't quite formed properly (a little too flat), I called them and they immediately sent me another one at no charge. Works like a charm.

The cons i've discovered...the holster seems designed to place the pistol further around the back (the 4:30 position or even closer to the 6:00). I prefer something closer to the 3:30 position. BUT that's a personal preference. My wife prefers the placement of the AG. C'est la vie.

I've never had an issue with their CS. It's always been responsive and professional.

I suspect that as word of their product (and cost) has spread, they're getting swamped. But I've had the same experiences with more traditional holster makers/companies.

I would not hesitate to deal with AG again.

And with the way I buy and sell handguns, I'm sure I will.

Aloha,
Doug
The Following User Likes This Post: