View Single Post

Old 02-22-2014, 07:47 PM

Liked 6,354 Times in 2,185 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikearonpalm View Post
I love reading some of these replies. These people are like "gee, I don't know why there's a shortage of ammo. Good thing I stocked up on 50,000 rounds right before the shortage happened!" Did you ever think that MAYBE, the shortage is due to so many people doing that same exact thing? Everybody hears that there is a shortage so they go out and buy all the ammo they can find. I think that the shortage is ridiculous. It's only due to the panic of people buying bulk amounts of ammo. There's no ammo because everybody keeps hoarding it all.
No. None of that ever crossed my mind. Most people stocked up long before the shortage so the ammo they bought was replaced by production. It was not until demand exceeded production that the shortage appeared, then it was too late. This shortage is far beyond anything that could be caused by people stocking up. This is a problem in production not meeting the increased demand.

No doubt 1 or 2 percent of the problem can be attributed to those trying to stock up DURING the shortage, but that cannot begin to account for this long of a dry spell in a nation with free markets.

No something else on a massive national level is behind the shortage of .22LR ammo bricks.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: