View Single Post

Old 02-23-2014, 12:24 AM

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default M&P Shield 9mm range review

To start off, I will talk about the trigger. Right out of the box, its gritty and heavy. While dry firing, I noticed the front sight would jump a lot. Not looking too good. I grabbed 100 rounds of Federal FMJ and headed to the range. The first few rounds were low as I kept anticipating the shot due to the heavy pull on the trigger. After a kittle whike I began to get used to the trigger mechanism. I only had one failure. A stovepipe that I blame on limp wristing. I also had a failure to lock open one the last shot also to limp wristing. It functioned well on every other test. It is very accurate for its size. Rapid fire drills kept them within 8 inches. Acceptable, but I like to keep then within 6. I have since polished the trigger mechanism and will be testing it some more tomorrow. Dry fire drills look promising. The front sight is more stable and the grit is almost non-existant. It almost feels lighter. It certainly breaks crisper and smoother. Once I can get used to the trigger naturally, I will begin some self defense training drills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk