View Single Post

Old 02-23-2014, 02:13 PM

Liked 918 Times in 421 Posts

Not all M&P's will do it. It's neither a design nor a flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboutfishn View Post
How hard do you have to "slam" the mag in? I tried this exercise with my MP40C and the slide does not close upon inserting the mag.
Full mags exert more pressure on the slide stop than does a partially loaded one. It could be weight, but I think it has more to do with spring pressure in the mag with it fully loaded. Kind of like a Jack in the box. Make sense?

I don't "slam" either, but I am heavy handed by nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkreutz View Post
I suspect that weight has a lot to do with the "auto forward" occurrence. I can get the slide to release almost 100% of the time with a full FS mag, the same is not true if I reload with a downloaded mag or with my compact. I always chalked the compact not doing it because of the shortness of the grip not allowing me to do a full push to the base of the pistol (my strong hand cushioned the impact) but I've come to the conclusion that it is weight related. If I reload my compact with a FS mag (that is also full) then I can get the slide to release. Don't know if that's because of the weight of the full mag or if it's because of the longer mag allowing me to seat the mag with full force. Not a big concern because I rarely shoot the compact in competition, and when I do it's a BUG match and the mags are downloaded to 5 rounds (I guess to make it fair to the 5 shot revolver guys ).

P.S. I never "slam" the mag like a number of shooters do, to me that's a double motion that wastes time.