View Single Post

Old 02-25-2014, 08:41 PM

Liked 357 Times in 238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC83 View Post
Assembling a stripped lower is very easy with just a few tools from the garage. The buffer tube requires a special tool for $8. Somebody on here might know how to tighten buffer without the special tool.
I don't know if you mean the tube itself or the nut. I just put a pistol buffer tube in a poly lower I just finished and that was absolutely awful to get the last few turns. Had to turn so hard I now have two blood blisters at the callusesat the base of my fingers. Which is saying a lot because those spots are pretty hard from riding dirt bikes for 20 years. I ended up having to wrap a leather belt around it to get a better grip. I don't think this is as much of an issue with an aluminum lower though. The nut is actually the trickier part(not harder per se) without the tool. You can do it with a small standard screwdriver and large standard screwdriver, but it's VERY tricky and not worth the hassle when you can find the right tool for that cheap. Any decent LGS will tighten it for you after you get it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk