View Single Post

Old 02-26-2014, 02:00 PM

Liked 3,082 Times in 1,168 Posts

i have purchased a couple non-firearms from the forum's buy&sell, both deals were good. i truly wish i could utilize the firearms listings, but being canadian, it isnt feasible .
i belong to a popular canadian buy &sell forum that uses a trader rating system. works pretty well, but you still have the subjective "condition" problem.one mans "great condition,minor holster wear" might equal "dragged behind a truck" to me. thats where you need good photos.
in some cases i have offered/been offered a non-firing inspection period, thats about as up front as you can get , without a face to face.
just yesterday i received a knife in the mail, the guy hadnt oiled or waxed it...maybe ever. it was freezing cold and was condensing water on it from being brought in the house there were some very faint signs of rust.
i wasnt thinking clearly, and grabbed some polish and cleaned it up. if i trade it, it will be with full disclosure.
i should have sent it back, but it was so pretty ...and it did clean up 100% . probably my new belt knife ...whether i like it or not