View Single Post

Old 02-26-2014, 09:06 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 13,845 Times in 3,364 Posts

I ran the "Use of Force" section with the department I worked at for almost 20 years. We combined PPCT along with numerous other training tactics that we picked up from various use of force schools and seminars around the country.
We took the best of these and created our own training format. We trained the whole department one day a month and shot several times a year plus a yearly qualification.
Too much stuff to post here but basically we taught our officers to win the fight and we will sort out the rest later.
Since retiring, I do more cardio and weight training than I have ever done because I have more time.
Knowledge of techniques is good but if you don't keep your endurance up, you risk not being able to sustain during an encounter. Age is a deciding factor in that too. Are we as good as we were 10 or 20 years ago? I think not.
The eyes, the throat, center of balance, where the head goes, the body goes. All good.
Know your abilities, but also know your limitations and have the proper weapons available.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: