View Single Post

Old 02-26-2014, 11:55 PM
US Veteran

Liked 17,127 Times in 5,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Park View Post
Well, ok. Whatever you want to do is your decision and your responsibility. I have no desire to shoot someone that isn't threatening my life. If somebody slaps you, do you assume the right of deadly force? Where do you start assuming? If I don't feel my life is threatened, or I'm not in danger of grave bodily harm, the gun stays in its holster. Period. But you can feel free to proceed under any assumption you want. Whatever decision has to be made has to be made based on the facts at hand, not a theoretical discussion on an internet forum. I've been in one life or death situation, and it was pretty obvious. I just had no way to defend myself. I remedied that. I haven't gotten into a fight with anyone since the fourth grade.
It's called common sense and knowing the law. Knowing when DISPARITY OF FORCE applies.

Several years ago here locally an older man and a younger man got into an argument. Over nothing. The younger man punched the older man knocking him to the ground. The punch didn't kill him. But when he hit his head on the curb, that killed him.

If any man regardless of age, size, strength, or skill picks a fight with me, I will do everything I can to avoid getting hurt. But the longer he persists, the greater chance that he has of getting shot.

I WILL go home to my family. It's my responsibility to them to do so unharmed. Even if I have to explain my actions in a court of law.

I don't understand why some don't understand this cause it's really quite simple.

When a man attacks another man he assumes that he has the upper hand. And even though he may, assuming is the most dangerous thing a man can do because he thinks it's going to be easy. That we won't fight back. And eventually he will run into someone that will simply shoot him instead of taking a beating.