View Single Post

Old 02-27-2014, 12:26 PM

Liked 528 Times in 228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Park View Post
Well, ok. Whatever you want to do is your decision and your responsibility. I have no desire to shoot someone that isn't threatening my life. If somebody slaps you, do you assume the right of deadly force? Where do you start assuming? If I don't feel my life is threatened, or I'm not in danger of grave bodily harm, the gun stays in its holster. Period. But you can feel free to proceed under any assumption you want. Whatever decision has to be made has to be made based on the facts at hand, not a theoretical discussion on an internet forum. I've been in one life or death situation, and it was pretty obvious. I just had no way to defend myself. I remedied that. I haven't gotten into a fight with anyone since the fourth grade.
When your young, tough and fit, one can afford to take chances on the outcome of a physical scuffle, or wrestling match. Old men who have wrestling matches with a young fit attacker are
more likely to have their gun taken away from them and used on them. So if I am attacked physically and I am carrying my
guns, it is a life or death situation since I don't want my guns
used on me. Some predators prey on the old and the disabled.
and the wolves usually attack old deer, as well as young calves
that they perceive as easy prey. So if one does everything one can do to avoid the fight and they still want a wrestling match or a scuffle, yes, I will go for my guns as I will not be a willing
victim.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: