View Single Post

Old 02-28-2014, 11:29 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I carried one while stationed in TX and Alabama. There were many, many more Inspectors than Agents in the Service and we generally liked the CS-1. Since ours was carried on a regular gun belt, the weight and size was not an issue. We shot a ton of ammo, mostly 38 Special +p+. The tight tolerances did lead to function issues once the powder started building up but usually after 60 or so rounds. After the modifications, this problem mostly went away. The actions were smooth but not unlike the 686. In fact, accuracy was probably no different than the 686. I remember three of us getting challenged by a three goofy Army CID dudes who carried snub nosed revolvers and they kicked our butts even out at 25 yards. Two of them shot a perfect 300. Go figure.

We transitioned to the S&W 6906 which was mediocre at best. For a while we carried the wonderful Glock 9mm. Now we have the crummy H&K P2000 with the three-day trigger pull.

Overall, the CS-1 was a nice, dependable revolver. It always went bang when you needed it to. I wish I still had mine.

Last edited by Jackrancher16; 02-28-2014 at 11:41 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: