View Single Post

Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 PM

Liked 162 Times in 113 Posts

I used to have an SR40C and traded it on a FS M&P40. When my brother was looking for an inexpensive first pistol, I suggested he get a SD9VE which I did. Although I don't own it, I've shot it some. I traded the Ruger because it started having light-strike issues and it had too many safety features. I will say that Ruger responded well - replaced the striker, magazine disconnect and did some other work. It had a wonderful trigger and was great to shoot, but all the safety features were too much for me. The SD9VE is less expensive, but still a good pistol. It isn't as left-hand friendly, and doesn't have as many bells and whistles. If you want more safety features (frame safety, magazine disconnect, tactile loaded chamber indicator and maybe some I forgot) go for the Ruger. If you prefer your gun doesn't have those things like I do, then for a range and SD gun, go with the Smith and spend the money you saved on ammo. From a personal standpoint - I decided my M&P(s) are worth the extra cost.