View Single Post

Old 03-14-2014, 11:40 AM

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Default I know this is a old post

But here are some more facts. My father was in the movie, his best friend was one of the deputies in the movie, best scene was when he beat one of his deputies in the front yard for being a RAT. The deputy with he dark sideburns was my fathers best friend. The House used in the movie is in the curve on HWY138 across form the CO-OP at Mercer. The reason the highways don't look familiar to some is in the movies is HWY 138 was used a lot, the Corvette wreck was filmed I believe on 138 on further down from the CO-OP. The funeral was filmed in Henderson. And yes the Pine Ridge club was used as mentioned.
All these places were used because McNairy county wanted no part of any movie being filmed there about him. I have lived here all my life, I lived right in the middle of where the movie was filmed and its neat. The old house where women could be bought (saying it nicely) still stands right past the Chester/McNairy line on hwy 45 3 stories tall and purpose built has balconies on all levels. I grew up in Madison County and I found 8 different still sites as a kid. All those big gallon glass jugs we busted on for months! whew worth some change today.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: