View Single Post

Old 03-15-2014, 12:55 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have had the fortune of being able to own a couple S&W M&P's over the past couple of years. My first was a S&W M&P Pro Series in 40 cal, the second was a S&W M&P V-Tac 40 cal. Both were decent guns. The Pro Series was better than the V-Tac in my opinion, smoother trigger and I loved the night sites. I am not a fan of fiber optic sights. Although the V-Tac has both, it takes getting used to. Your sight picture may be the same, but point of impact differs when utilizing one vs. the other.

I do like Smith & Wesson M&P pistols, for the money they are great guns, in my opinion much better than Glock and Springfield pistols when looking at polymer framed guns. I have never owned a Glock, shot a couple and just don't like them. I have owned a couple Springfield's, I sold every one except my XDS 45 which is an excellent shooting pistol for how small it is.

I sold all of my Smith & Wesson M&P's I have owned, and have to say I traded up and now run a couple of HK's. By far, much better shooting pistols than the Smith & Wesson M&P's. Tack driving machines. Yes, you pay more, but in the end, you have an extremely accurate gun that runs day in and day out and doesn't fail.

The only complaint by some are their triggers, but I don't mind them at all. I did change out my HK P30 40 trigger and put in an LEM kit, on my HK USP Compact 45 I have never done anything to the trigger. Works great.

This wasn't necessarily a post to hijack S&W enthusiasts, merely letting people know that if you have a couple hundred extra dollars, give an HK a run. You will fall in love

I fell in love so much that I am selling my Ed Brown Special Forces 1911 that I waited 7 months (6 or so years ago) to have them build as to my specifications. Yes, this is a true story. Selling the best 1911 money can buy (I know...Wilson/Nighthawk/Les Baer) because I truly love HK's that much.

Sorry S&W people, I am not trying to be a jerk. If you shoot an HK, you will see what I mean. Accurate beyond what I imagined in a polymer frame pistol.