View Single Post

Old 03-16-2014, 08:48 PM

Liked 25,737 Times in 8,695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTG_COLLECTOR View Post
Without seeing any pics of your ammo, there's no way to tell if the ammo is actually factory S&W brand or possibly reloads. Also, S&W brand ammo was made/sold between 1970-1981, so there is no S&W Ammunition Company to contact...
Then I guess I did indeed read the date code incorrectly, I was not sure since it is coded and I am not expert at decoding it. I know there is no S&W ammo Co. left, but truthfully there never was - it was made by Fiocchi which is still in business.

That said, it is DEFINITELY Factory ammo though. My dad was a Fed. and he did not reload at all. Being A Reloader myself for 30+ years I can spot even quality reloads 99.9% of the time. His agency was issuing S&W branded ammo for a short while and I have more of it in other calibers as well. The .38 Special (NON +P marked boxes) feels like +P ammo would be expected to and their 38 Super NON +P is hotter than Remington's +P.

Well I pulled all the remaining bullets, dumped the powder and chucked the 110 grain bullets. I have slated the primed cases for reloading which I will do shortly.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: