View Single Post

Old 03-17-2014, 06:26 PM

Liked 6,256 Times in 2,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmw15-22 View Post
I currently have federal high velocity and cci minis loaded into my magazines for my home defense. I know .22 is not the best for home defense, but its all i own as of now. So any ideas on what ammo I should keep in my mags to get the best stopping power?
Re:OP. The very best .22 LR ammunition for SD/HD is CCI Mini-Mags or Aguila HP. I have fired this stuff extensively in my 18-3 as well as a RIA 1911-A1 using a Marvel .22 LR conversion unit. Function, etc., has been 100% perfect... as good as a Glock!

Unless and until human beings are issued with armor plate, they will all be highly vulnerable to holes made by all sorts of things including ... bullets. Now, when it comes to such holes, a bigger hole is always preferable as it is usually more conducive to dropping the blood pressure of an assailant. That of course has a very calming effect on such people. However, when it comes to holes, size really doesn't matter a whole lot. A .22 LR bullet ... or maybe a couple of .22 LR bullets, punched into the vitals of an assailant will be extremely effective in helping them settle down and get peaceful. They may even go prone. You never know!

My 1911 w/ the Marvel conversion holds ten rounds. In just a flash it can be reloaded with another 10 round magazine. It is a typical 1911 frame, easy to use even under stress. A 15-22 can be loaded with either a OEM 25 rd. magazine or a ProMag 32 round magazine. If necessary it can be reloaded about as fast as the 1911... maybe faster.

I've been shot at one time in my life. I didn't stand there and try to do a mental calculation as to what caliber was being fired at me. For that matter, I didn't care what firearm was being fired. I put lots of real estate between me and the idiots with the guns until I could reach cover. If you need a SD/HD firearm, a .22 LR pistol or rifle will work... maybe even better than some would suppose. If it is ever necessary to use the firearm for SD/HD., it is very doubtful that the assailant(s) will stand around and have a discussion or share opinions as to what they think about you using a mere .22 LR pistol/rifle to settle them down.