View Single Post

Old 03-21-2014, 01:49 PM

Liked 13,539 Times in 5,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEWELSHM View Post
I let him shoot a 19-4 blue 4" a 27-2 nickel 8 3/8 and a 29-2 6 1/2 nickel and a Sig SAuer Sp 2022 40 cal . He will be going back home tomorrow with a wide grin. Oh yes I shot my first 158 gr Lwc reloads

Thewelsm
About 15 years ago when my two boys were Boy Scouts our troop got friendly with a troop in England. Our kids and a few parents spent two weeks over there living with the parents of the English Boy scouts. The next summer we had the English kids and some parents spend 2 weeks with our people.

I had a nice young lad (16YO) stay with us that expressed a interest in guns, but of course being a English SUBJECT he had hardily seen them let alone fire anything.

I took him down to my safe and opened the door and his eyes just about popped out of his head.

Blimmy you have all sorts of big guns, and YOU CAN OWN PISTOLS? I gave him some basis safety lessons and after cycling the actions I let him handle some of them. He was extremely happy and then I did the same with a few handguns and he was in 7th heaven.

I told him to pick out a few guns and in two days when we go to the camp I will let him shoot them. He picked out 2- Two twos as he called our .22s (my Ruger 7722 and Model 34 SW), a 1100 skeet gun, Rem 700 BDL 25.06 and my fathers old Ithica 16Gauge SS shot gun.

Needless to say he had a great time, he actually did very well as he listened carefully to what I had to say and more importantly he was very good about observing safety.

Even after all this time we exchange greeting across the pond and he has mentioned about coming back with his wife and 2 kids for a couple weeks one of these summers. We have the room and he is certainly welcome to stay with us again!