View Single Post

Old 03-24-2014, 10:08 AM

Liked 67 Times in 24 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but FYI I have one on my M&P Sport and love it so much it's on the rail with aircraft fasteners instead of knobs. It's a nice clean installation and it works well with a KNS mid size ball front sight post. I picked it up online from Acid Tactical for $21 and while it isn't the high end version it fits tight, is milspec height to match the F marked front sight base, clicks out positive, isn't topped with a canted sight like a lot of the ones you see, and even matches the rifle's color. I did the IBZ mod on it and all went perfectly. As a troll disclaimer, I don't use the rifle for wargames or tactical sims, I'm not going to pay a ridiculous amount of money for an aluminum forging. and my pet M&P is bone stock except for Magpul and UAG furniture. My eyes are the only lensed optics I use, so the carry handle sight makes sense to me as the configuration offers protection for the sight and is also less of a snag magnet than a squared off protrusion sticking up out of a rail which, by the way, uglies up the AR pattern (to my eyes, at least) like nothing else. The batteries never go dead, either.

PS Before the Tacticoolians break out the torches and pitchforks, I don't mean to ridicule the hardware set-to each his own. If I did, however, turnabout would be fair play. Can't remember how many times I've gotten the stink eye from range rats who ask me why I don't just shell out the price of another rifle for the latest Whizbang Armory Nuclear Tipped Self Organizing Multioptical Enabler (also known by the acronym WANTSOME). So it goes...

UPDATE: picked up a BAFE handle today-even better!

Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur

Last edited by roundels; 03-28-2014 at 11:59 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: