View Single Post

Old 03-25-2014, 07:59 AM

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default Serial Numbers for top-breaks pre 1890

Greetings lovers of fine firearms.

I'm starting this thread to find information about the serial numbers on top-breaks in .32 S&W and .38 S&W from before 1890 so if anybody could help me I'd appreciate it.

The reason why i specifically want serial numbers for pre-1890 is because that is the magic limit where the Norwegian government considers it to be an antique and i love these firearms, and as a recreational shooter only, I'm limited to owning only 4 regular firearms, but with these pre-1890's however its limited only to my economy.

I just got my first .32 S&W Safety hammerless yesterday after looking at pictures of these guns for quite a while and now i am in love, serial number on my piece is just over 10000 and i know from looking at factory letters that they did make at least 20000 already in 1888, but how many in 1889? I also know that the 38 S&W safety hammerless first model is registration free obviously, don't know anything about the second model. The double actions i also know very little about.

I do have the 3rd edition of the standard catalog of S&W firearms, but it does not seem to be as specific as I'd like when it comes to serial numbers.

My first S&W revolver:

The Following 2 Users Like Post: