View Single Post

Old 04-03-2014, 01:51 PM

Liked 1,044 Times in 428 Posts

I have one and have no intent of getting rid of it. If nothing else, it's always an interesting conversation piece. The fit and finish are excellent and what others described as a "strange" or "interesting" grip feel, I describe as spot on! Colt straightened out and reduced the circumference of a "hi-cap" wonder nine. It's remarkably smaller around than the Beretta 92s, Glock 17s etc of the era. Mine is very accurate and has never had a reliability issue.

The rotating bolt type lock up was unique for sure - think of a pistol version of an attempt at an AR15 type bolt.

That being said, the trigger is atrocious! It has a longer pull than you'd think possible. After a full magazine dump, my finger starts cramping up from the effort needed to pull the trigger that many times for that distance. It's a smooth pull, just long and heavy.

If I remember correct, this was Colt's attempt at swinging over the cops who were still shooting wheel guns to join the semi auto side. The trigger pull was even advertised as "similar to your duty revolver".

It was a failed attempt at a duty weapon, but it's still a neat piece and a part, although brief, of firearms history. I'm glad I have mine.
The Following User Likes This Post: