View Single Post

Old 04-04-2014, 06:25 PM

Liked 639 Times in 406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilibreaux View Post
One can only hope sanity prevails and they do NOT vote to allow the general public to strut around carrying AR-15's and Barrett Light 50's.

Concealed carry is AMPLE for anyone who is genuinely interested in self-defense. "Open carry" is all about public intimidation and bullying. Why am I NOT surprised that Tejas is considering it...
As a Second Amendment supporter, I stand with and applaud ANY state that passes legislation to advance and protect the rights of ALL law abiding gun owners. The only "surprising" thing to me is that TEXAS is one of the last few remaining states NOT to have some form of "open carry". I conceal and always will, but I will not belittle anyone for carrying any way they choose if they are legally able to do so. I hadn't really thought much about the topic of "open carry", but now that I have I see it in a little different light. Its really not about doing it, but having the legal right to do it if thats your choice. Here's a U.S. open carry map for anyone who hasn't already seen one. Open Carry | OpenCarry.org
The Following 8 Users Like Post: