View Single Post

Old 04-09-2014, 06:11 AM

Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

Well, I've had it for a month or so and put a couple of hundred rounds or so through a Model 442 wearing them.

There are worse grips. I have a box full of them. (I've been shooting J-Frames since 1991. I have nearly as many J-frame holsters.) I have slightly larger than average hands. I wear large size gloves. These grips, for me, should either expose the backstrap so that I can get up high in the backstrap like a Centennial or Bodyguard was meant to be gripped, or come up higher on the frame with the covered backstrap so that, once again, you can get up as high as possible to control recoil. This of course, requires two versions of the grip--one for Centennials & Bodyguards, and one for model 36 pattern guns.

But, I understand that from a business perspective that one size probably has to fit all for the price.

Is it worth it? My opinion is yes, if you are shooting the 15 ounce alloy frame guns. It makes them quite comfortable for a couple hundred rounds at the range. I'll be keeping mine on my 442. For steel frame guns I would stick with the boot style grips. The extra five to nine ounces makes all the difference in shootability.