View Single Post

Old 04-11-2014, 02:49 AM

Liked 36 Times in 27 Posts

Fired some Golden Sabre 125 today. The flash in a lit range was impressive. It would definately be blinding at night. It was right on target at 7yards while my 38 special 130 ammo shot high enough to hit the carrier one time. this was out of a mag pug target 4 in barrel.
I ordered some pistol revolver ammo recently thinking it was 38 special +p. It was actually 38 super +p. It chambers and ejects ok from my revolver. I realize that the smaller rim makes it a poor choice but I own a box of it now. I have read that some people have been shooting this out of a 357 with no problems. My gun shop experts have cautioned me that the extra 1500 pressure may be pushing it. They would only use if no other ammo were available. Many people have commented on other sites that it will not load, has no rim, it has tapered case. Wrong at least in my gun. Has anyone actually shot this and in what revolver. The 38 super guns start at a couple of thousand dollars. I know I am not the only one to have ordered this by mistake. Any personal experience would be usefull. I plan to sell this on gunbroker if I hear of real gun damage. It would be of use to someone with a gun in an area that prohibits military ammo usage.

I found an answer to my question at this location for shooting 38 super out of a revolver.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335267

I will be trading or selling this ammunition before taking chances shooting it out of a 357 revolver.

Last edited by s&wbest; 04-20-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Found a good answer for my question