View Single Post

Old 04-22-2014, 08:32 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Thanks for the photos. I like the idea of the sharp false edge for rougher cutting or hacking. It does make the knife illegal in many jurisdictions. It is already illegal here due to blade length alone, although I've heard stories that there's an exception in the law for hunters. If so, I doubt that many cops know about it. I don't risk it. If one can carry one on private land, however, the knife is a good choice. Ditto for the shorter Model 119.

Your 124's definitely look a little shorter than those I've owned and handled. Most curious!

If someone will post that Nocona boot ad I mentioned, look at the blade on that Model 124, which is painted to scale. The artist told me that he was looking at an actual knife and tried to replicate it exactly. I may look for other pics on the Net, too. If anyone else here has a Model 124, please measure the blade from the front of the guard to the tip and post the result. Either my memory is failing, or some of that model reach at least seven inches or slightly over. They're good knives, if a little thick in the handle.

I note that your 2001 knife is no longer drilled for a wrist thong. But most other Bucks aren't, either.
I guess that if it matters to an owner, Buck would drill the hole. They refinished a used Model 120 for me and both the work and the turnaround time were excellent. Buck is a good company to deal with.

Last edited by Texas Star; 04-22-2014 at 08:39 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: