Thread: Taurus Bashing?
View Single Post

Old 05-10-2014, 12:20 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,801 Times in 1,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
I stridently believe that a law abiding citizen of sound mind should not have to pay a high entrance fee to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. I believe that the Hi-Point's price opens the door to fierarms ownership for those law abiding citizens of sound mind who are on a strict financial budget during the current challenging economy. It fills this niche perfectly.
I wholeheartedly disagree.

Anyone who can pay 100 for a gun can wait a little longer and pay 200 for a much better used gun. My 1985 J-Frame Model 60 with a bobbed hammer was $200 and it's significantly more than 2 Hi-Points worth of gun.

The Hi-Point's straight blowback system and absurdly uncomfortable grip make it a tremendously unpleasant gun to shoot. They look, well. In dog terms the hi-point is:

If, for some reason, people *had* to buy brand new guns and used guns were completely unavailable I might agree with your argument. That's not the case however. For nearly the same money as a hi point a person can have a significantly better used gun.

Life's way too short to own hi points. Get past your commitment bias and come to terms with the fact that most of your hi-point money is gone. Sell the gun. Life will be better when it's gone.

The sun will be just a little bit brighter.

The birds, just that much happier sounding.

The rest of your guns, no longer ashamed to be sitting in a safe sullied by a hi-point.
The Following User Likes This Post: