View Single Post

Old 05-13-2014, 03:49 AM

Liked 61 Times in 29 Posts
Default Stainless 3906 -Just fine

Some were questioning the role of a stainless 3906 in the grand scheme of things. Here is one. For new shooters it has an excellent size and angle grip. The stainless weight is not too much and yet perfectly tames a 9mm to sweetness. It has adjustable sights so it can easily be dialed in for the load selected. It feels serious enough and the confidence of good hits and no need for developing a flinch.

Even with limp wristing it still functions and returns to battery unlike some drastic plastic as the frame and slide have enough weight. New shooters, if needed, can start with it in single action for confidence building hits and then cycle up to the double action. For new shooters I actually like the magazine disconnect.
Everyone thinks they are Wyatt Earp after getting hits and enjoying shooting. The 3906 - a fine new shooter firearm.

And for all the reasons new shooters like it a veteran shooter may want to take a second look as the weight makes follow up shots much easier. It is still plenty slim for carry and yet enough grip for excellent control. More rounds? if you have not solved the problem with the first magazine means it is not likely to be solved with more rounds but a return to the fundamental point new shooters learn - get the hits and let speed take care of itself.

There are not many 3906, but this one mine. i will take care of it so that it will take care of me...
The Following 6 Users Like Post: