Thread: Taurus Bashing?
View Single Post

Old 05-13-2014, 08:02 PM

Liked 130 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKC View Post
Man, I never see these kinds of bargains around here...I always read about people finding this or that gun for a LOT less than I've ever seen them here. I guess everything is bigger in Texas...including the price tags!

I've looked at a few used S&Ws, but the lowest price on one I've ever found was $400 for a pretty beat up but functionally OK Model 19; I also found a pretty hard used 3rd Gen 9mm (I don't remember the model) for $379, that was a police trade in, supposedly. I have never, ever found a S&W of any kind, or even a Ruger, for $200.
GKC,
Just a note about a $100 dollar guns! Noting about Taurus but thought GKC may get a kick out of this.. I was in a gun store that I don't frequent that much and had see a gun in there it was a snubby H&R .22 got $100 bucks. I didn't have him pull it out but it didn't look bad at all.. Decided not to even look at it because I was not revolver I'm a pistol gun.. after time went on, weeks I found myself thinking about the $100 gun more and more.. So a month later I went back to the gun shop and sure enough it was still there the dealer is located in a bad spot and if you don't know he's small shop is there you would never seeit.. anyway The gun was still there so I had the dealer pull it out timing was good found out it was a 9 shoot and then dealer said he would back it 100% so I said I'll give you $50 for it and you don't even have to back it.. He said he could not but would do $75 and back it! I said OK.. It's a nice little .22 9 shoot H&R blued all steel gun with plastic pear grips.. How could I go wrong.. So for $75 bucks out the door no tax no other fees.. Great little gun.. Dates back to 1951.. It does not have a swing out cylinder you pull a pin and it pops out like a Ruger single action gun.. It's a way cool gun!! And yes it shoots too POA!!! George
The Following User Likes This Post: