View Single Post

Old 05-18-2014, 03:48 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 232 Times in 33 Posts
Default Performance Center 460 XVR "M460 Carry"

I decided to scratch my X frame itch. I had been intrigued with this gun ever since its release at the SHOT show back in January. I know that basically this same gun was released a few years ago as the 460 ES "Bear Survival Kit"or something like that. I have also seen similar pictures of a short barreled 460 model with a compensator. I had one from the first production run in my cart on CTD back in February and by the time I went to check out it was no longer available. So I got bored the other night and found one on GB and hit the "Buy Now" button. The gun is being shipped to my FFL and should be in the first part of next week. I already know that many will dismiss this gun as simply being unpractical for its intended purpose because of weight, noise, short barrel, etc. I just have a fascination with big revolvers. I bought a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan a few months ago in .44 mag and regretted not getting it in .454 Casull. And yes I already have a four inch barreled 629 and love it. At any rate, I'm excited about my new purchase, as well as it being my first Performance Center piece, and would appreciate any of you guys' input. Was wondering about other forum member's experience with this specific piece, and any advice on loads, different grips, muzzle blast, and so on. I will post pics as soon as I pick it up.

Last edited by gdodgen; 05-18-2014 at 04:20 PM.