View Single Post

Old 05-23-2014, 05:32 PM

Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Default DAO

As a long time revolver shooter with lots of trigger time, I can't think of a better concept than a compact 3rd gen pistol with a revolver like trigger. The only problem is I have never shot , or even handled one. Closet thing I have to a DAO, or in this case a consistent trigger pull, is a Glock 19. I've had a G17 and G21 and shoot Glocks very well, which I attribute to maybe being the consistent trigger. Unlike my friends south of the border, up where I live, 3rd gen Smiths are not that common and DAO models are quite rare. I'm keeping my eye out for a 3953/3954, but realistically I may have to look at other Smith DAO models. I'd love to put one through the grind and compare it to my 3914, 6904 and G19. As much as I love my Smiths, for reasons like being metal framed, having a hammer and grip angle, I won't be giving up my G19 unless I can find and test a DAO Smith. I'll be waiting anxiously for 18DAI's range report on his new 3954, Congrats on a great find by the way !!!

Last edited by Detective_Special; 05-24-2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: spelling error
The Following 2 Users Like Post: