View Single Post

Old 05-24-2014, 10:10 PM

Liked 3,205 Times in 1,083 Posts

I hate to say it, but I've given up. I own 20+ 3rd gennies, but I think I'm good. Carried a 4566 for a few years, but I'm done.

I have well documented the problems my agency has had with the M&P full size 45. Found out last week our entire inventory of M&Ps will be replaced AGAIN. If you recall we have already done this twice. This will be my third pistol, for some of my buddies this will be their fourth. For a few this will be their fifth.

Smith no longer produces quality products. They have focused solely on profit margins. I understand that's what a company is supposed to do. My first career was business management. However, it is important how you handle customer relations. Smith has decided to write the 3rd gennies off......okay. A worthwhile company would make some type of public acknowledgment that was the case. Even Microsoft publicly states when they stop supporting older versions of Windows™ and they are perhaps one of the most profitable corporations in existence.

I don't want to argue about why Smith doesn't produce the 3rd gennies anymore. I'm really tired of hearing the excuses made for them. They produce revolvers and 1911 pistols.....all steel framed. The simplest answer is they just don't want to. Better companies than Smith have failed and gone bankrupt because they didn't pay attention. Ask Colt how successful/profitable depending on govt contracts is/was.

I am done with Smith. They will get what's coming to them.