View Single Post

Old 05-25-2014, 12:39 PM

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts

I tried the Ergo grips. I put 100 rounds of mixed ammo through my 640-1 this morning with good results. The grips are ugly as a horned toad but very comfortable in my small hands. The draw presentation is a little different because of the added material under the triggerguard but it was really not an issue and the sights were dead on every time I drew. Accuracy was excellent. Perceived recoil was less with my 158 grain home rolled swc's and the Speer Gold Dot SB's I normally carry. My real surprise came when shooting Speer 158 grain .357's. I have tried shooting magnums in this gun on two occasions with two different types of grips . Each time I pulled the trigger once and said, "no more"! I thought I had broken my thumb and the cylinder latch took a divot out of that digit. I fired 10 magnum rounds though the gun today. The recoil was noticeable but not painful and recovery for a second shot was easy. I don't know that I'll carry magnums but now I know I can. I believe the Ergo Grips at least for me are a keeper.
The Following User Likes This Post: