View Single Post

Old 06-08-2014, 05:27 PM

Liked 61 Times in 29 Posts
Default Second visit of the Model 69 to the range

Too long a gap but a very busy summer. Hooligan fish run was great. Dried and some salted. The Model 69 and I did another long, for me, run at the range after I checked my model 19. The Model 69 again did really well. Odd thing is had some Remington 240 SJHP and they felt like a sharper kick than the 255 Hard cast Buffalo Bore which seems to "push" more but bite less. This for both my friend and I. We both like the same brand 240 soft point and we both felt it also had less "bite". She shot it twice and removed the rest from her revolver, a snubbie Performance Center. Also glad that came in a 20 round box.
Should point out we both wear our fingerless bike gloves when practicing with the 44 magnum rounds to avoid "tenderizing" between the index finger and thumb. All in all the Model 69 went through 50 more rounds of CCI 44 Spec., 32 rounds of 240 SP, 20 rounds of Buffalo Bore, and 18 240 SJHP, 20 rounds of 200 grain Gold Dot HP for snubbies and is running perfectly.
Bought some locally welded steel base stands with large screws that use standard 1x2 for supports to then staple gun IPSC targets. Results in more enjoyable practice as the wind does not blow the target over. We also have several brown bear currently wandering through the property at late hours (not night as the sun does not really set until about 11PM). Keep a fully loaded shortened barrel 45-70 lever on property at all times.. Model 69 is very much a part of life is good..
The Following 3 Users Like Post: