View Single Post

Old 06-17-2014, 10:04 AM

Liked 920 Times in 303 Posts

If the Rossi is only a 32 S&W, and not a 32 S&W Long, than that's unfortunate, Long was actually a popular police cartridge... in the 1890's to 1930's. I've seen that Buffalo Bore makes some very stout rounds for the Long, with a heavy enough bullet for the .31 caliber, and enough energy to make it somewhat legitimate, enough to even perhaps say, let people on the net give a thumbs up to having someone who likes the pistol carry it. I'd double check the revolver, just to be sure, that it truly is only original 32 S&W and not the later cartridge.

As much as I don't trust a 22lr for self defense, and preach against it to everyone and anyone when the time comes for debate, its probably a better choice than the original 32 S&W, it will probably punch deeper. And than again, there is the .38 special as the great universal, which is my general ideal for beginners, and for anyone for that matter. Also consider the .32 magnums, which have enough power for caliber, and extra weight as well, and can also fire the 32 S&W and 32 S&W Long.