View Single Post

Old 06-23-2014, 09:50 PM

Liked 349 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old TexMex View Post
If there's any way, please share the history with us. That's a fine rig and a great story.
Sorry for the delay on this.

Edgar McMordie was the officers name. He enlisted in the Rangers 3 different times and was also Sheriff in Coryell County for awhile. If memory serves, he died in 1941? My grandmother got the revolver after his widow died circa 1974? I was 5-6-7 or something like that when she got the gun. I don't know the why's or how's, and all the people to ask are long gone now.

The gun went into the safe deposit box until 2012 (11?) when my mom closed them out and we removed all the valuables. I cleaned the gun up and bought a box of .44 and immediately went out to shoot it! Most likely the gun was not fired from 1941 until I shot it in 2012. I know it lived in the bank from '74-2012.

I occasionally carry it in the original holster(the belt that goes with the holster fits me but I don't want to rip the buckle holes out as it's reasonably thin so I use a modern belt). It is a very sweet shooter and as anybody who has had a pre-war Smith knows, it causes the disease!
The Following 5 Users Like Post: