View Single Post

Old 06-29-2014, 09:49 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

ironhead7544:

I'm using a two handed grip, just like I do on all my other guns. I prefer center hold as I don't always shoot at paper targets with the same sized black bull. This is not normally a problem for me. The gun wants to group as the horizontal measurement after 20 rounds is relatively small for me but the vertical component of the group is about four time larger.... Vertical stringing!

I practice focusing on remembering the sight picture when the gun goes off. If it is not a perfect sight picture that I remember then I did something wrong. But I shoot many guns without this vertical stringing problem....ever. I think it has to be the interface between me and this gun, not my general shooting habits. I also don't believe it to be a ammo problem (but who knows??) as the gun will shoot round groups the last time I shot it off bags.

I need to revisit shooting off bags and offhand with the new Pachmayr rubber grips to see where we are at today. Maybe something has changed with the ammo or the gun? The last trip to the range last week was a disappointment that I have seen since getting this gun but brought to the forefront again.

Thanks for the comment.

LDBennett