View Single Post

Old 07-05-2014, 02:18 AM

Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts

There will always be people who say that more training is needed or that it was user error when we talk about the Serpa holsters and NDs. The pure fact is that the design does lead to NDs even if they can be avoided with enough training. There are other holsters that perform the role just as well without that extra danger. When I first started shooting Steel Challenge matches not too long ago, I didn't have a good holster to draw from and borrowed a Serpa holster from a friend who had upgraded to a different one. I can totally understand how the design can lead to NDs. I chose to just shoot the match from low ready and not get officially scored than to continue with the Serpa.

There is a reason that many ranges and clubs have banned the Serpa unless the retension mechanism is completely disabled. I can think of at least one that banned them completely just because users who had used them for a while still tried to operate the release even when it was disabled.

As for the original question, I am currently using the Revolution holster with my M&P Pro 5" with the Williams adjustable Fire Sights that are very tall. I had three holsters (I think Safariland and higher end Bladetech) and like the Revolution best. It does stick out very slightly beyond the bottom of the holster but not nearly enough for the front sight to be all the way out and have a chance of getting caught during a draw.

Last edited by JasonM; 07-05-2014 at 02:20 AM.