View Single Post

Old 07-11-2014, 06:54 AM

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

I have the same problem. Not an ammo problem or thumb problem. Thought it was and I spent hundreds of dollars in range fees and ammo that's very hard to get. I can recreate the problem by operating the slide several times with an empty magazine. You can see the mag follower is to the side instead of under it. In addition it's not a particular magazine problem as I bought an extra magazine and have the same problem with it. It may be a design flaw in the magazine follower and/or slide stop but getting a different magazine won't take care of the problem. I sent it in for this problem as well as feeding problems. They fixed the feeding but did nothing for the slide locking problem. My misfires have increased and I sent it back for the 2nd time.

It's sad S&W sells a "Self Defense" pistol that's has well documented reliability problems, misfires, fireing pin breakage & slide locking back.

I love that "need to run 300 rounds thru it to break it in." Many people never fire 300 rounds thru their self defense gun. Also 380 ammo is nearly impossible to find. If you can find it, the cheap stuff is $25 per 50 and with range fees that's over $300 added to the cost of your pistol for breaking it in. It should work coming out of the factory. I've shot other 380's and never had any problems and never had to break them in. I have over $400 extra in mine trying different ammo & magazines and it still doesn't work. Shouldn't have to do that.

Last edited by bg1111; 07-11-2014 at 09:23 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: