View Single Post

Old 07-12-2014, 10:33 PM

Liked 396 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn mccarver View Post
I am not an expert, nor do I play one on TV, but in my opinion, the two-piece barrel in its current version, such as on the Model 66-8 and the Model 69, are well executed. Dan Wesson pioneered the use of the two-piece barrel, at least as far as I know, and although different in at least one respect (it was user removable and replaceable), it was used on heavy calibers such as 44 Magnum and larger without issue. In fact, those revolvers are highly sought after today.

The two-piece barrel has certain advantages. First, it virtually eliminates issues related to those very occasionally encountered with a one-piece barrel related to under or over "clocking," which means the front sight is not straight up and down when the barrel is torqued to the proper tightness. Secondly, barrel/cylinder gap is more easily controlled and consistency maintained with the two-piece design. There is no issue as to strength.

I doubt you will have issues, and if you do, the revolver has a lifetime warranty, doesn't it?
I would think the B/C gap would be better also. Mine however is .009 without shooting it yet. I would think it should be a little tighter.