Thread: Underwood +P
View Single Post

Old 07-23-2014, 01:35 AM

Liked 282 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
Ok , I get it that there are only a handfull of " +P " designations that are SAAMI recognized. I get it also that certain mfg sell ammo that they readily admit is not within SAAMI ( or CIP ) limits. It then falls on the Mfgs to be upfront about actual pressures and/ or specific recomendations as to what gun to use or not use their ammo. The consumer is then trusting upon the integrity of the Mfg w/o any other testing body to certify said ammo.

It is a topic of free debate as to the benefit of such ammo , but I'm not seeing any fraud.
Merriam Webster defines Fraud, in part as:

b : an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Any company/manufacturer that advertises and/or selling certain caliber ammunition marked as +P is, in fact, deceiving or misrepresenting that ammo (ammo that legitimately does not exist); ammo that is not recognized nor approved by SAAMI and the rest of the mainstream sporting arms and ammunition manufacturers.

Companies that make non-SAAMI approved ammo marked as +P are preying upon the ignorance of those who don't understand the intricacies of metallic cartridges and those firearms that shoot it, people who may think that the 40 S&W cartridge is great, so a hotter +P loading in that caliber must be hella better!

If people want to use such non-SAAMI approved ammo from companies that make it, that's up to them. I would only hope that they do so with the full understanding that they do so at their own risk.

Last edited by CTG_COLLECTOR; 07-23-2014 at 01:46 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: