View Single Post

Old 08-08-2014, 10:23 AM

Liked 4,900 Times in 1,701 Posts

Great looking guns everyone.... I have not been online much as I am in the middle of nowhere Idaho enjoying the outdoors.

The poster who has the 57 no- non-P&R gun...it probably dates to right around 1981 when S&W dropped the P&R features. I have seen "N" prefix no- guns with pinned barrels but non recessed chambers and recessed chambers with a non-pinned barrel...I think yours is the first that I have seen without a -1 and neither...it was probably one of the last 57 no- guns made before the AAA serial number prefix started.

Have been doing quite a bit of long range shooting at my friends cabin and in the outback. There is a solitary sagebrush in the middle of some bare ground on the hill behind the cabin...it lasers at 780 yards. Using the above posted Freedom Arms 654 with the Clements front sight if the front sight if totally elevated in the rear notch it is dead on for 800 yards.

My friend and I have both used 4" S&Ws to shoot at the bush but I have to put the screw that holds down the rear sight in the notch and then balance the bush on top of the front sight...not conducive to great accuracy....

The following gun isn't a "magnum" but is a .41...a USFA .357 Magnum Shooting Master converted to .41 Special by David Clements...

This shooting at some rocks at 400 yards...

Keep those .41s coming....Bob

Last edited by SuperMan; 08-08-2014 at 10:26 AM.
The Following 14 Users Like Post: