View Single Post

Old 08-10-2014, 11:37 AM

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

I've told this story before - but it never gets old to me. About 2 1/2 years ago I was on the lookout for a 41 magnum Mountain Gun. Earlier, I didn't really like the "wispy" barrel on the Mountain Guns, but the more I thought about it, the 41 magnum seemed to be a great caliber for this size revolver. I had searched for one for several months, to no avail. I was at work, talking to a co-worker about my dilemma. He is also a gun enthusiast. I told him that if he ever saw one pop up anywhere, to let me know and I would snag it. He said he would, and as he was walking out the door (literally the door had barely closed) I clicked on the classified ads section of this forum, and suddenly there at the top was a pristine model 657-4 Mountain Gun at a great price from a fellow forum member! I couldn't believe it. It was posted as I was talking to my co-worker. I submitted "I'll take it", and I immediately called my friend (who by this time was just down the hall) and told him the news. He couldn't believe it either. It was listed for no more than 90 seconds, and it was mine. To this day, it is probably my favorite revolver, and I have had many. That was a very lucky day for me, and I'm glad I was paying attention. wyatte

Last edited by wyatte; 08-10-2014 at 12:22 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: