View Single Post

Old 08-14-2014, 09:04 PM

Liked 120 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLYDE View Post
That gun is an absolute work of art in both planning and execution. Just doesn't get any better than a fixed sight K frame.

How long did you have to wait for the build?
The time I had to wait for mine to get done wouldn't be the same for yours. I've been friends with Karl well over 20 years and I tell him the same thing every time I send a job to him. I have plenty of guns to carry so I tell him to work on my projects as fill-in jobs whenever he has spare time. When you email him about your specific jobs, he can let you know an approximate timeframe.

That said, he is a one man shop so keep that in mind. If he says it should be done in six weeks, DON'T start calling and emailing him on day 43 complaining your gun isn't delivered back to you yet! He has had customers like that before.

I look at custom work like this like I do my NFA stamps. I know approximately how long it will take, so I send it off and forget about it until I get the surprise that it's ready. If you call constantly checking the progress of your build, you are only taking time away from your build and making it take longer!