View Single Post

Old 08-15-2014, 08:51 AM

Liked 223 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCHDOG View Post
For some reason I can't fathom, I want one of those, too. I like the ones with the walnut stock and forend, although I think when I get one, I'll get the traditional blue. I think you made a good choice in getting one. Enjoy!

I noticed the break open action on the blued was a bit easier than the nickel. I think the extra thickness of the plating at the barrel connection point is snugging up things a bit. My LGS that I bought if from has a machine shop in the back so I plan on asking of they'll put the collection point on their polishing wheel, specifically the "J" hook on the barrel connection and then add some grease to see if that will loosen things up some. In tighter places a Dremel-sized tool would be necessary for any additional polishing.

After reading posts of other owners this is the quicker solution, the other being adding grease and simply using the gun where it gets opened and closed between 80 to100 times to get the same result of an easier break open based on what others seemed to experience.

Another mod I saw posted a few years back is taking 1.5 to 3 turns off the lever spring, but the lever on mine isn't tight at all so maybe Stoegar addressed that already from previous feedback?

Speaking of the nickel finish, the gun shipped with a glazed coating on it making it look somewhat dull as seen in my earlier. A quick wipe down with metal polish really cleaned and brightened things right up to that catalog look.