View Single Post

Old 08-18-2014, 01:24 PM

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

I bought a .32 S&W 'Lemon Squeezer for a parts gun several years ago.The cylinder face was all gouged and the seller told me it belonged to a U.S. soldier in Europe, and that's the only .32 ammo he could find. Since the .32 ACP has no rim, he gouged the empties out with a pocket knife. [Guess he never thought to push the empties out from the other end with an unsharpened pencil or a dowel rod.] Seller said former owner never had any 'pressure' problems, so I agree with this commentator. The .32 S&W has to be handloaded to reach its full potential. Loading data for the .32 ACP will probably give you maximum safe load; but so loaded it is an effective self defense weapon. To put this in context, If I were really expecting trouble, I would pack my S&W 65 in .357 Magnum, or better, my S&W 58 in .41 magnum. But these lilliputian guns have their place as being better than praying. No gun is going to work if it is too heavy to pack and you get in trouble later. Also recent gun commentaries on the Freedom Arms mini-revolvers would apply equally to these little jewels.