View Single Post

Old 08-22-2014, 08:33 AM

Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedburns3 View Post
Thanks for your informative, detailed response, Gunny.

I have been considering the Sticky, but also the DeSantis Pocket-tuk for the Shield, because it serves similar use, both IWB and pocket.

I really prefer pocket carry, so first will see how I feel with my new Shield (waiting period) with a Nemesis, and a UM #4 pocket holster, before spending more on either the Pocket-Tuk or Sticky holster.
Update: Received this great firearm last night, and feeling the ropes. In any event, it conceals pretty well in both the Nemesis and the Uncle Mike's #4 pocket holster, with the lead going to the UM #4.

No further holster purchases are contemplated at this time.

I did notice with my new Shield there appears to be a 'slot' in the butt that would likely house the portable 'tool' used to lower the sear deactivation lever. This slot only is accessible with the 7-rd magazine attached as it's covered by the 8-rd magazine.

I don't believe such tool comes with this firearm, though, and was wondering if there's such a tool dedicated to the Shield for those who intend to use it mostly with the 7-rd magazine (and in the event of a 'fight', hope there's no need for a tactical reload with the 8-rounder! ).