View Single Post

Old 08-22-2014, 09:20 AM

Liked 64 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedburns3 View Post
I did notice with my new Shield there appears to be a 'slot' in the butt that would likely house the portable 'tool' used to lower the sear deactivation lever. This slot only is accessible with the 7-rd magazine attached as it's covered by the 8-rd magazine.

I don't believe such tool comes with this firearm, though, and was wondering if there's such a tool dedicated to the Shield for those who intend to use it mostly with the 7-rd magazine (and in the event of a 'fight', hope there's no need for a tactical reload with the 8-rounder! ).
Not sure I understand what you are referring to. The sear deactivation lever is only used for removing the slide for field stripping. Even then, you could always just pull the trigger instead of using that lever.

Personally, I rarely bother pulling out the "tool" from my FS and C, which come with it. There is always something lying around (pen, pin, screwdriver, etc.) that is more convenient than having to pull that tool, which is seated in the pistol grip pretty darn tight.