View Single Post

Old 08-22-2014, 04:53 PM

Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Pmeister View Post
Not sure I understand what you are referring to. The sear deactivation lever is only used for removing the slide for field stripping. Even then, you could always just pull the trigger instead of using that lever.

Personally, I rarely bother pulling out the "tool" from my FS and C, which come with it. There is always something lying around (pen, pin, screwdriver, etc.) that is more convenient than having to pull that tool, which is seated in the pistol grip pretty darn tight.
I called S&W and there is no such tool dedicated to the Shield. The tool is used to switch backstraps and lower the sear deactivation. I am too lazy to take a picture of my CA Shield grip butt. With only the 7-rd mag inserted, there appears an oval shaped area where such a tool could reside as in other M&P's.

Field-strip: Pulling the trigger with a CA Shield, is a definite no-go, especially with that magazine disconnect safety requiring reinsertion of a mag to pull trigger, and cycling .

Dangerous as with the CA Compliant Shield you are asking ironically for trouble by doing it the non-approved way by pulling said trigger (not even mentioned or referred to in the manual) because the mag one drops during clearing and then reinsert in a hurry to field strip may still have rounds in it and then a surprising BANG.

Any gun that requires, like the Glock, that one pull the trigger to field-strip is LESS SAFE than one that does not (Shield, other M&P's, XDm, Beretta 90 series, Sig?, etc.).

Last edited by tedburns3; 08-22-2014 at 05:08 PM.