View Single Post

Old 08-24-2014, 04:49 PM

Liked 23 Times in 10 Posts

Gunny, hope your recovery goes smoothly.

I have one of the original safety model Shields. One of the guns made and shipped when the Shield was first announced.

My wife has a Shield that was made in the summer of 2013. Both guns are 9mm.

I installed an Apex hard sear I both guns, along with Ameriglo night sights. The ones with the bright orange front sights.

The stock triggers in both guns were serviceable. But the Apex sears made them just a bit nicer.

My Shield is on my soft body armor as I eat lunch and type this. It's my BUG while at work. It's my slip in my pants while I putz around the house gun. And it's my vacation gun when in low threat places like Sanibel Island in Florida.

For off-duty carry, I prefer something a bit larger than the Shield. But my Shield has replaced my "little guns" like my Kahr PM9 and my J frame 642.

Gunny, listen to your Doc. But once you're ready, you're going to thoroughly enjoy your Shield. Most shooters tend to start to compare their performance with the Shield to a larger size duty gun, and not to a single stack sub compact. Once you get back out to the range, let us know what you think of yours.